The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
Who should not take BELVIQ?
- Who should not take BELVIQ?
- a high prolactin level
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- suicidal thoughts
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- heart valve disease
- a type of slowed heart rhythm disorder called heart block
- slow heartbeat
- priapism, a prolonged erection of the penis
- Peyronie’s disease
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding