fludarabine side effects Fludarabine injection may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- loss of appetite
- mouth sores
- hair loss
- numbness, burning, pain, or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, or legs
- muscle or joint pain
- sleep problems
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms or those listed in the IMPORTANT WARNING section, call your doctor immediately:
- chest pain or discomfort
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- hearing loss
- pain along the side of the body
- swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- peeling or blistering skin
Fludarabine injection may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while receiving this medication.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online (http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch) or by phone (1-800-332-1088).
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of overdose, call the poison control helpline at 1-800-222-1222. Information is also available online at https://www.poisonhelp.org/help. If the victim has collapsed, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can’t be awakened, immediately call emergency services at 911.
Symptoms of overdose may include:
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- fever, chills, cough, sore throat, or other signs of infection
- delayed blindness
fludarabine side effects